Thursday, July 8, 2010

Milling: Cutting the work in half. Literally.

Hello! Today's post is really short and simple, but it can pack a real punch for your productivity.

If, like me, you're in the glyph market and usually milling your own herbs into inks, you're probably familiar with that sinking 'there goes my afternoon' feeling that can crop up when you're faced with over 200 stacks of herbs that need milled.

If, also like me, you're a dualboxer, hope is on the horizon! I've been playing around with Keyclone with my dualboxing for a few weeks now, and I must say, I simply adore it. So today I'm offering a simple tip that just crossed my mind a few minutes ago. That means I haven't been able to put it to the test, but you can bet that sooner or later I will.

On your second account, level inscriptions to the point where you can mill all of the Northrend herbs. Copy the usual milling macro over to that character, and keybind it to the same keys for both scribes. At that point, it's just a matter of mailing half your herbs to one scribe and the other half to the other, and sitting down to dualbox mill. If this goes how I imagine, you'll have effectively cut your milling time in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment